Sunday, December 28, 2014

Four days in Anticipation of the New Year!

Oh my. It's been far too long since I blogged! My darling daughter is now a year and a half and our handsome son, Clayton, is 3 months old!

I intend to keep up with this blog, I really do! And now that we have the luxury of home internet, I think I will be able to!

My first re-installment will be a four part (these next four days) series on prepping for a new year. Focusing on returning our attention to three important aspects that make up our life in an anticipation of the new year! Those three things are:

Spiritual Life: keeping God a priority in our life!

Physical Life: keeping healthy for ourselves, our husbands and our children!

And finally,

Home Life: keeping up on the ENDLESS task of home making!

I will dedicate the next three posts following this "intro" on one of the listed topics above! I hope and pray they will inspire you and fill you with excitement of the new year!

Now don't think I have it all figured out, as I don't, and each day is a struggle in one way or another in keeping up on various important things that I just know need to be done (that I just don't have the motivation too).

As far as what you may "need" is nothing. A printer may be nice, to print out a list or something similar, but isn't necessary. I will just be giving an overview of what I do with a few examples, and recommendations. The rest is up to you! But I assure you it will be simple. Speaking of which, I will give you the "key" to running a smooth home (well, mostly smooth, with a few wrinkles!):

Simplicity

Priority

And,

Routine

Those three things are what help keep my sanity. :-)

For some background on my self and where in the world I pull my ideas and experiences from: I am the oldest of 7 children (and still growing! My mom is pregnant as of right now!) And being the oldest, and having some considerable age gaps in the midst of my siblings, I ran my household for several years (especially when my mom was expecting, she was very fatigued and sick during most pregnancies) and gained experience from having to balance 6 younger siblings school (we homeschooled), clean the home, keep up on all that LAUNDRY, cook, keep kids happy etc...it was busy. But all that gave me a wonderful head start at running my own home once married. I have two kids, 15 months apart. I am a stay at home mommy and wife and take that very seriously. And my goal is to be very good at it! :-) My husband is a hard working man, working as an apprentice meat cutter for a company that doesn't give a care for anyone but the $ the big wigs make. We have a mutual understanding that he works to provide and I handle the children and home. He expects it to be done, the same way I expect him to work.

I can get overwhelmed with balancing the ins and outs of every day life, and I neglect the important things to accomplish what takes precedence at the moment. Is that always right? Maybe for a short season, but not for a long season! Ha!

Join me in the next three days at rejuevnating your motivation in an anticipation for the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment